In the Elite 8 we have a matchup between (17) SleepyJ vs. (24) CBJFAN with the winner advancing to the Final Four to play the winner of (20) Totallytickets and (21) Lesh. In this thread please post your plays against each other so I can track them and update the progress of the tournament. Make sure your plays posted are also in the pick section at Pregame and they must line up. Please go over the rules again posted below and if you have any questions please ask. Good luck and have fun.
1. 5 picks per day for a week starting February 20th ending February 26th.
2. All plays must be posted within this thread and within the pregame pick section. This will verify accuracy on betting numbers. Your plays that are posted must match up to the same line that entered in the pick section. All plays posted can't be change and the first line you entered in the system will play.
3. If you miss a day, you will be counted as 0-5 on the day. If you don’t post your plays in the thread and it’s not in the pick section here at Pregame, it’s not valid. If you post your plays in the thread but not in the pick section, it’s not valid.
4. The best winning percentage moves on to the next round. If there is a tie, a one day pick off of 5 plays will be implemented.
5. You have to make 5 different picks on your card. You and your opponent may have some of the same picks. All picks have to be submitted and posted before the first play on your card begins.
6. All sports can be played, both sides and totals. Moneylines are only accepted for hockey but no line, whether totals, or moneyline can be greater than -130, puck line is not active. If you can't select the play in the make pick section at pregame, you can't make the play.
Here is a little breakdown of the matchup:
SleepyJ and CBJFAN both come into this matchup with 70 total documented picks under their belt through this tournament. Both also finished the last round going undefeated at 5-0 on the last day so they both should have momentum and confidence going into day 1. CBJFAN is the lowest seed to ever advance into the Elite 8 in this tournaments short history. The last man in the tournament as the 24 seed, he is posting consistent numbers and capping really good right now. SleepyJ, although he posted below 50% last round, has to have confidence as he finished strong and knocked off the #1 overall seed.
Through 70 picks, SleepyJ has posted an overall record of 35-32-3 (52.2%) and CBJFAN has posted an overall record of 37-30-3 (55.2%). In the first round, SleepyJ posted a better overall record of 19-15-1 (55.8%) than CBJFAN 18-16-1 (52.9%) but in the second round, CBJFAN posted a better overall record as he went 19-14-2 (57.5%) while SleepyJ posted a record of 16-17-2 (48.4%).
What to expect in this matchup:
I think the key to this matchup will come down to who is not mentally drained and can stay focused. SleepyJ has the advantage as he cruised in round 1 without pressure and in round 2 came from behind to take Jeff Scott Sports on the 5th day with the closeout victory on the 6th day going 5-0. CBJFAN has been tested both rounds in close matchups. This could be beneficial for CBJFAN too.
Although both players have played the whole board, CBJFAN mainly sticks to CBB and the NBA. In the NHL he has only made 1 pick while, SleepyJ has made a total of 8. This gives will give him more options if CBJFAN just sticks to what has gotten him to this stage of the tournament. This should be an interesting matchup with people who are following it sure to get some winners.
SleepyJ: 20-13-2 (60.6%)
CBJFAN: 16-19 (45.7%)