The draw for the 2021 Kentucky Derby Post Positions took place on Tuesday morning. The race will once again be a $3 million Grade 1 event and the positions were drawn this morning at Churchill Downs. The odds-on favorite for the Kentucky Derby is Essential Quality, who was installed as 2-1 and will race from the 14th post in the race.
This year's Derby is scheduled for a 6:57 p.m. post time and it will be televised nationally on NBC.
Here are the post positions, horses, trainers, jockies and morning line odds for the race:
1. Known Agenda, Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz Jr., 6-1
2. Like the King, Wesley Ward, Drayden VanDyke, 50-1
3. Brooklyn Strong, Daniel Velazquez, Umberto Rispoli, 50-1
4. Keepmeinmind, Robertino Diodoro, David Cohen, 50-1
5. Sainthood, Todd Pletcher, Corey Lanerie, 50-1
6. O Besos, Greg Foley, Marcelino Pedroza, 20-1
7. Mandaloun, Brad Cox, Florent Geroux, 15-1
8. Medina Spirit, Bob Baffert, John Velazquez, 15-1
9. Hot Rod Charlie, Doug O'Neill, Flavien Prat, 8-1
10. Midnight Bourbon, Steve Asmussen, Mike Smith, 20-1
11. Dynamic One, Todd Pletcher, Jose Ortiz, 20-1
12. Helium, Mark Casse, Julien Leparoux, 50-1
13. Hidden Stash, Vicki Oliver, Rafael Bejarano, 50-1
14. Essential Quality, Brad Cox, Luis Saez, 2-1
15. Rock Your World, John Sadler, Joel Rosario, 5-1
16. King Fury, Kenny McPeek, Brian Hernandez Jr., 20-1
17. Highly Motivated, Chad Brown, Javier Castellano, 10-1
18. Super Stock, Steve Asmussen, Ricardo Santana Jr., 30-1
19. Soup and Sandwich, Mark Casse, Tyler Gaffalione, 30-1
20. Bourbonic, Todd Pletcher, Kendrick Carmouche, 30-1
Stay on top of the latest odds and line moves for the NHL and NBA regular seasons with our real-time odds from Las Vegas and offshore!
$25 of picks FREE! No Obligation - No Credit Card Required - Becoming a member is Fast and Free!