FREE $25 when you Join Now – Use your Free $25 to get a BEST BET at NO cost!

Stories

Stories

Sports news with a Vegas perspective.

1 Members
  • Type:
    Joinless
  • Created On:
    09/07/2011 10:47 PM
  • Last Update:
    Yesterday - 10:42 AM

Las Vegas Betting Report: Connecticut vs. Butler

Both teams have won five games to get here, and now Butler plays Connecticut at 9:23 ET on CBS, and that one game decides the 2011 NCAA basketball Tournament champion.

Game Odds:

Connecticut 3.5-point favorite over Butler.
Connecticut 60% chance to win. Butler 40%.
Total number of expected points both teams combined: 129 points

Early action has been Butler (spread opened -4, and has been bet DOWN)

Underdogs:

NONE of the Top 13 pre-tournament favorites made the Championship game:
U Conn was the 14th favorite at 32 to 1.
Butler was the 32nd favorite at 200 to 1.

Butler has been underdogs in 4 of 5 tourney games.

If you started w/$10, and bet Butler (money line) and let your winnings ride on all 5 of their NCAA games, you'd have $1,470

Bracket Facts:

#8 Butler is the first team in 26 YEARS seeded worse than #6 to play in the NCAA Finals.

For 22 straight years the champion has been a #4 seed or better!

Underdogs winning:


Teams favored by less than double digits have won only 50% of games (23 of 46)

Game Props:

10%: chance that either team wins by 22 or more points

13: over/under for total number 3-point field goals made by both teams

13.5 points: over/under for largest lead by either team at any point during the game

Most Outstanding Player odds:

45% Kemba Walker
25% Matt Howard
30% Any other player

Total points scored:
Kemba Walker favored by 5-points over Shelvin Mack

Comment . . .

What is the most surprising fact in this story?

  • Straight Outta Vegas ...

RJ Bell is the founder of Pregame.com – a two-time INC. 5000 company, as well as the largest American digital media organization covering Las Vegas news and odds. Pregame is the exclusive odds provider... Read more

Email Share Sent

Your share has been sent.

x

Quick View

Loading...

Future Game

League:

Teams:

Date:

Time:

Pick:

Bet Type:

Odds:

Picked:

Contests: ,

Full Pick Details

x

Multi Quick View

Loading...

Pick Name
Odds: Odds
Picked: Stamp

x

Quick View

Rank:

Member:

Team:

Wins:

Losses:

Ties:

x

Pregame.com Join Contest

x