Respect is a positive feeling of esteem or deference for a person or other entity, and also specific actions and conduct representative of that esteem. Respect can be a specific feeling of regard for the actual qualities of the one respected.
Respect. That is all we really ask. Across the board. Whether it is RJ, myself or respected community members like DubV or NoLimit. Even when a paid selection doesn't cash, we allow the customer to come in and question the reasoning and to a point even vent about the frustration with losing. I left a high paying office job at Ford to start Pregame with RJ. Every dime has been invested back into the content, studio, staff, etc. We work 7 days a week and put everything we have to make this the premier sports handicapping site on the internet. Please, a show of hands on how I basically respond to emails 24/7. How many of you do I chat with on IM, Facebook, Skype or handle an issue at 1am! We spent six figures to build a studio to provide FREE videos that do not close with pitching some Billion Star Lock you need to call our offices for. We spend endless hours trying to improve Pregame and ALWAYS factor in feedback and opinions for YOU, the community.
Even with all the tongue in cheek comments or posts that are clearly trying to bash Pregame or call someone out, it takes A LOT to even get a ban at this site. But in this case, enough was enough.
Some small blog site posts an article (by someone who even admits they are a blogger and not a true journalist) doing nothing but attacking Pregamem Fezzik, Vegas Runner and RJ. Even worse YOU. Basically, anyone who uses or spends time at Pregame is a mindless buffoon. There was ZERO attempt to contact anyone at Pregame for the article, but rather relied on obscure message boards and direct competitors. Through the entire article he does not point out ONE single factual error in any of the published works from our end. I read the article a few times and outside of his thoughts on the way the records are displayed not being ideal for him, the rest was baseless claims and babbling that we were maybe one level short of having to be on the "do not fly list" for being so evil. No mention of the fact we provide more free daily content than most of the industry combined. From the radio show to the daily content posts, the amount of free content with zero obligation to buy is second to none.
That being said, DelcoDonny decides to make a post with a catchy subject line and post to the article trying to legitimize this nonsense. Sorry, I grit my teeth and let shit slide a little too much. These constant attempts to get attention without ANY respect for anything or anyone is not acceptable. It will not be allowed. It baffles me that users are quick to demand a ban if someone criticizes them, but it is okay for RJ and myself to be open targets and not shown any respect at our own site on a regular basis.
The community is open for discussion and many of the issues over the years have been used to evolve Pregame. But I will be damned if some agenda driven blogger will be given a platform BY ONE OF OUR MEMBERS ON OUR OWN SITE!
I am 100% behind my decision. 1000%. Maybe 10,000% because I actually liked DelcoDonny. Was very disappointed he would openly disrespect something I have put my life into. If anyone who reads this feels it was okay to link to a baseless article or agrees with the content, Pregame is not the place for you. Should probably get as far away as possible.
From today forward, I will no longer spend my time trying to accommodate and look the other way for those who clearly do not want to be part of Pregame as a contributing member and only want to spend time causing problems amongst the community.
That being said, I appreciate 99% of you. That is the reason I spend so much time talking with you and trying to handle any issues brought to my attention. For the other 1%? Maybe it is time you kicked rocks