In the Elite 8 we have a matchup between (18) RilesM81 vs. (23) Rossi23 with the winner advancing to the Final Four to play the winner of (19) DannyAction and (6) Halo2009. In this thread please post your plays against each other so I can track them and update the progress of the tournament. Make sure your plays posted are also in the pick section at Pregame and they must line up. Please go over the rules again posted below and if you have any questions please ask. Good luck and have fun.
1. 5 picks per day for a week starting February 20th ending February 26th.
2. All plays must be posted within this thread and within the pregame pick section. This will verify accuracy on betting numbers. Your plays that are posted must match up to the same line that entered in the pick section. All plays posted can't be change and the first line you entered in the system will play.
3. If you miss a day, you will be counted as 0-5 on the day. If you don’t post your plays in the thread and it’s not in the pick section here at Pregame, it’s not valid. If you post your plays in the thread but not in the pick section, it’s not valid.
4. The best winning percentage moves on to the next round. If there is a tie, a one day pick off of 5 plays will be implemented.
5. You have to make 5 different picks on your card. You and your opponent may have some of the same picks. All picks have to be submitted and posted before the first play on your card begins.
6. All sports can be played, both sides and totals. Moneylines are only accepted for hockey but no line, whether totals, or moneyline can be greater than -130, puck line is not active. If you can't select the play in the make pick section at pregame, you can't make the play.
Here is a little breakdown of the matchup:
RilesM81 comes into this round after knocking off the #2 seed with a record of 17-17-1 (50%). Rossi23 had a close matchup and advanced with an 18-17 (51.4%). In the first round, Rossi23 managed to post a record of 22-13 (62.8%) while RilesM81 accumulated a record of 16-19 (45.7%).
Overall through 70 documented picks in this tournament, RilesM81 is 33-36-1 (47.8%) and Rossi23 is 40-30 (57.1%).
What to expect in this matchup:
This is a very interesting matchup. Another forum member messaged me about the tournament and he thinks RilesM81 might shock the whole side of his bracket and make it to the finals. I can see that happening and it wouldn’t surprise me. Although he’s not the only one, every round that RilesM81 has played so far, he has improved his record. If he can continue this, Rossi23 will have to do some good handicapping.
Rossi23 has been in some tough matches so far, it has not been a cakewalk for him. The first round, his opponent hit 60% over 35 plays and Rossi23 advanced. In the second round, Rossi23 closed out his opponent on the last day. Rossi23 is hitting at around 57% for the tournament, that’s great handicapping!
This matchup will be great to follow as I believe that there will be plenty of winning picks this matchup. RilesM81 I believe will continue improving his record and Rossi23 will continue doing his thing. I wouldn’t be surprised if this comes down to the last day.
RilesM81: 15-20 (42.8%)
Rossi23: 20-15 (57.1%)