The Kentucky Derby has seen several odds change and update since the opening morning. There are quite a few horses that are really big underdogs on the moneyline while there are several horses who are currently under 10/1 odds to win the race.
Updated 2012 Kentucky Derby Odds
1. Daddy Long Legs 30-1 Has three career wins, including one this year. Ferdinand in 1986 was last horse to win from the fence.
2. Optimizer 50-1 One career win back in 2011, has shown once this season. Could be in the very back of the race.
3. Take Charge Indy 15-1 Has two career wins, including one this year. Calvin Borel is the jockey and he should never be overlooked in a Kentucky Derby.
4. Union Rags 9-2 Four career wins and one this year. Lots of speed here and will be a major player toward the end of the race. Could close fast.
5. Dullahan 8-1 Has two career wins and one in 2012. Phenomenal bloodline, being the kin of Mine That Bird, former Derby winner.
6. Bodemeister 4-1 Two wins this season and two shows as well. Probably looking to get a really nice run on the deeper closers in the race.
7. Rousing Sermon 50-1 Two wins last season. Has been handled this season by better horses. It's been 50 years since California-bred horse won Derby.
8. Creative Cause 12-1 Four career wins, three last season. Has never been beaten by more than a length in his career. Solid odds for good horse.
9. Trinniberg 50-1 Two wins this season, three in career. Won't run well at Churchill but is sitting in a nice gate overall.
10. Daddy Nose Best 15-1 Two wins in 2012, four overall. Gritty horse that can get stuff done. Could be a good bet at Win, Place, Show.
11. Alpha 15-1 Three career wins, two this season. Horse will be at gate a long time in 11th spot. Might have to pair up with Gemologist.
12. Prospective 30-1 Two wins this year. Solid horse but needs to have a good run here and probably won't win the race.
13. Went the Day Well 20-1 Two wins in 2012. Jockey rode Animal Kingdom so will be looking to follow in those steps, but has work cut out for him.
14. Hansen 10-1 Four career wins, two shows this year. Speedy horse but can he keep up with pace of the field and the track?
15. Gemologist 6-1 Five career wins, two this year. Could be horse to beat in the field. All this horse does is win races.
16. El Padrino 20-1 Two 2012 wins. Will need absolute very best to compete in this race. Quality horse but not in upper level in this race.
17. Done Talking 50-1 One win this year. Run at a lot of different venues and tracks. Huge longshot here that probably won't compete.
18. Sabercat 30-1 Zero wins 2012, three wins 2011. Lots of work to do and could need race of a lifetime to finish in the top five or so and will come late.
19. I'll Have Another 10-1 Two wins in 2012. Big runner but doesn't like the sloppier venues. Should be mid-pack before making serious run at the end.
20. Liaison 50-1 Three wins in 2011, none this year. Derby requires tip-top 100% effort which might not be happening with this horse.
-$25 of picks FREE! No Obligation - No Credit Card Required - Becoming a member is Fast and Free!-Free Kentucky Derby 138 picks, analysis and handicapping tips updated daily in the Pregame Community.-Fan of sports betting? Enter the free $10,000 Match Marco MLB Contest and take a shot at winning anywhere from $500.00 all the way up to a Grand Prize of 10k!
Betting Information: Horse Racing - Is It Fixed?Host Marco D'Angelo and Pregame's own Johnny Detroit talk about horse racing and the always present question of: Is Horse Racing Fixed?