After going 0-4, The Mush is giving a "thumbs up" on his plays this week.
I'm a huge Seinfeld fan to the point where 40 percent of my spoken language comes from Seinfeld episodes (The other 60 percent comes from movie lines). One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes ever is when George Costanza does the opposite of everything he normally does because every decision he's ever made has been wrong. As Jerry said, "If every decision you've ever made has been wrong, then the opposite would have to be right."
I have this friend who has been gambling for 20 years and I think he's collected twice in his whole life. Luckily, he offers other services that provide a steady income. I won't get into specifics but let's just say he doesn't fill out a tax return at the end of the year. This guy is such a pear-shaped loser, that he's become known as "The Mush" to those of us who know him best. You want to see square. The only time this guy bets an underdog is when it's one of those obvious underdogs like the Cowboys getting two-points at Philly or something like that. People often ask me, "How do you win at sports gambling." While I never give them this answer, the obvious response is "Fade The Mush." The funny thing is, this guy actually thinks he's a good gambler. I once asked him, "When is the last time you collected?" His response was, "I collect all the time. You are the jinx. Every time I tell you my plays, I lose."
So I called The Mush this week and he's agreed to give me all of his plays this NFL season so I can track them. I got to thinking and I figured, why not share these losers with the Pregame community? So every week I will call The Mush on Thursday and ask him his plays, then post them here. Like I said, this guy is a born loser.
Well, I predicted it. I called it. A week after going 4-1 (Should have been 5-0 except for the blown call in the SD/Denver game) I told you The Mush would give it back and then some. Mush didn't disappoint, going an ugly 0-4 last week and not only giving back all the money he won, but around $1,000 on top of that. He's vowed revenge this week, so let's what he has in store for us.
Wisconsin -6The Mush is coming in with a college play this week and to be honest, this one shocked me. This doesn't smell like The Mush which tells me he's either getting desperate or got the pick from someone else. Mush believes this line should be at least 10 points. Here is his reasoning: "Notre Dame is the worst team in CFB and they killed Michigan. Wisconsin rolls. This is my CFB game of the Year (His second so far)." Of course, it makes you wonder if he thinks ND is the worst team in college football, why didn't he just take Purdue?
Fade The Mush: Michigan +6
Broncos -9 (Best Bet)I already had this write-up done before I picked up the phone to call Mush. If he didn't have the Broncos, I would have given him $1,000. With close to 80 percent of the public backing the Broncos here, Mush jumped right on board. "The Chiefs are the worst team in football. Bet against them every week and you can't lose. Tell your people if they want to make money, bet against the Chiefs." Either that or you can bet against The Mush. Your call.
Fade The Mush: Chiefs +9
Chargers -7Another Mush gimmie. There was no doubt in my mind when I saw this week's card that Mush would be pounding the road dogs. Over 90 percent on the money is coming in on San Diego so far in this game. I know they looked good on Monday night but personally, I don't trust Norv Turner laying a touchdown or more on the road. That doesn't bother Mush. "The Chargers are hitting their stride after beating the Jets (Just an FYI: Mush said the same thing about the Colts when he took them last week). The Broncos killed the Raiders in Oakland and I think the Chargers are better than Denver and should have beaten them. Chargers roll here."
Fade The Mush: Raiders +7
Falcons +7I'm stunned. This one hit me like a ton of bricks. I would never have thought Mush would be on the Falcons here. And amazingly, even when Mush pulls out a stunner and takes a legit dog, 51 percent of the public is with him. Amazing. I have to be honest, I think the Panthers roll here but not Mush. "This Ryan kid is the real deal. I watched him last week and he's already a star. I think the Falcons win this game outright but the seven points is a gift. This is my upset special. Watch out for the Falcons this year." Poor Matt Ryan. He'll be lucky to survive the first quarter of this game.
Fade The Mush: Panthers -7
Mush's Season Record: 6-7Best Bets: 2-1
One win and he's lucky to get that with the Chargers. 1-3 on the week.
Hello- I don't know if anyone on here would be interested but I thought I'd just throw it out there anyways. On November 27, 2008 an organization called Celebrities For Charity will be raffling off a Super Bowl XXXVI that was donated to them by Je'Rod Cherry. If anyone is interested in this the raffle site is www.netraffle.com