NFL expert picks for the 2008 NFL draft
The 2008 NFL draft is the weekend of April 26-27, 2008, and several NFL experts have made mock drafts with their predictions. Some NFL experts include ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay. Pregame's Tommy Rider has made his NFL expert picks in his mock draft at Pregame Blogs. Tommy is a true NFL insider who has worked with the New England Patriots, and he has heard several rumors in making his NFL expert picks for the draft.
Following is how he sees the first five NFL draft picks:
1. Miami: Jake Long, OT Michigan - I'm gonna go ahead and guarantee this one.
2. Atlanta: Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU - This is the only trade I'm projecting but I'm pretty sure the Falcons will move up and take Dorsey here. If not, they will select Matt Ryan at No. 3.
3. St. Louis: Chris Long, DE Virginia - The Rams trade down one spot and get the guy they wanted all along to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
4. Oakland: Sedrick Ellis, DT USC - This pick would make too much sense for Oakland, which means they probably won't make it. I think Ellis is the best player in this draft regardless of position.
5. Kansas City: Vernon Gholston, DE Ohio State - Gholston will help the Chiefs cushion the blow of losing Jared Allen.
Click here to read more NFL expert picks for the 2008 NFL draft.